Saturday, July 7, 2007

Your Lucky Day

So today is 07/07/07 and that makes it your lucky day because yes, I am writing again. Bad joke.

Anyway, a lot's happened lately, especially with regard to my Bolts. It's funny. I find I actually keep up with team news not through the official web site or local papers, but rather the Boltsmag blog. Thank god for it, right?

The Lightning have signed on a few free agents this week, most notably Chris Gratton and Brad Lukowich. Maybe we can one day bring back Cullimore and Sydor and try to recapture that Stanley Cup experience. No, but seriously, those are a couple of good guys. I can't complain.

Then there's the guys who left. Eric Perrin signed with Atlanta much to the irritation of Coach Torts. It's not surprising. The coaching staff put in a lot of work with him. I know he sees a better opportunity with the Thrashers but he hasn't been in this league that long. He's got plenty of years ahead of him, so why rush? Anyway, I'll like him until the first time he scores a goal against us.

Ruslan Fedotenko who we all knew would not be returning in a Lightning sweater signed with the New York Islanders. I don't know if that was such a wise choice for them as they've been pretty well gutted last week. Ryan Smyth signed with the Avs for one thing. Maybe Feds will once again start playing the way he did for us in 2004. That's what the Isles will need.

And of course Cory Sarich took off for Calgary. I don't really have anything to say on that. I figured he'd leave. Nolan Pratt could be next. I wonder if Sheldon Souray would be a possibility for the blue line. Last I heard he's still available and we still need to shore up the defense.

Last thing for this post. Is Kevin Weekes crazy or does he just like the view from the bench? (I guess the Rangers didn't play him much for that matter.) Or did Brodeur's foibles during the playoffs scare Lou Lamoriello? Either way, No. 80 is now a Devil.

1 comment:

Johnny Fonts said...

Thanks for the plug, Chris... It's nice to have efforts appreciated by others...