Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Stanley Cup Playoffs, Night 37

The no-longer-mighty Ducks are once again heading to the Stanley Cup Finals. Anaheim edged Detroit with a win tonight and will now face the Ottawa Senators in the biggest series of them all. I can't believe how exciting this is! I don't know who I want to win the Cup. My fave in the East and fave in the West both made it!

Anyway, I'll revisit my predictions for this round tomorrow and some time before Monday I'll start posting predictions for the Finals. Mine along with anyone else who's interested. For now, read about tonight's action below.

Ducks 4, Red Wings 3
Ducks win series 4-2
Is it just me or have there not been enough seven-games series in this playoff year? Hint: It's not me. Rob Niedermayer put his Ducks on the board not four minutes into the game during a penalty kill. That did not look good for the Red Wings. Corey Perry and Ryan Getzlaf each scored in the second giving Anaheim a 3-0 lead going into the third. It seemed like a done deal but the Wings weren't ready to give up. Henrik Zetterberg cut the lead to 3-1 but it was quickly changed back when Samuel Pahlsson scored for the Ducks. Then it looked like Detroit might force overtime. Pavel Datsyuk scored two power play goals in the span of about seven minutes. But despite his and his team's best efforts, they battled to no avail and have been eliminated from the playoffs. Stings. Just a little.

Photo: ESPN.com

No comments: