Thursday, May 17, 2007

FOX Announces Official Fall Lineup

The new FOX fall schedule is out and I'm thrilled about it. I'm very happy with what they've chosen. The network is going with four new dramas, three new comedies and too many new reality shows. Not a big surprise. Here's how the fall will go down for FOX.

SUNDAY (fall)
7:00The OT: NFL Post Game Show
7:30
8:00The Simpsons
8:30King Of The Hill
9:00Family Guy
9:30American Dad
SUNDAY (spring)
7:00King Of The Hill (new time)
7:30American Dad (new time)
8:00The Simpsons
8:30Family Guy (new time)
9:00The Sarah Connor Chronicles (new series)
9:30
MONDAY
8:00Prison Break (fall/spring)
K-Ville (midseason)
8:30
9:00K-Ville (new series/fall)
24 (midseason)
9:30
TUESDAY
8:00New Amsterdam (new series/fall)
American Idol (midseason)
8:30
9:00House
9:30
WEDNESDAY
8:00Back To You (new series)
8:30'Til Death (fall)
The Return Of Jezebel James (new series/spring)
9:00Bones (fall)
American Idol: Results Show (spring)
'Til Death (spring @ 9:30)
9:30
THURSDAY
8:00Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader?
8:30
9:00Kitchen Nightmares (new series/fall)
Canterbury's Law (new series/midseason)
9:30
FRIDAY
8:00The Search For The Next Great American Band (new series)
Bones (spring/new night & time)
8:30
9:00Nashville (new series)
New Amsterdam (spring/new night & time)
9:30
SATURDAY
8:00Cops
8:30Cops
9:00America's Most Wanted
9:30

First, I'm amazed and thrilled by the renewal of "24" for not one but two seasons! Long live Jack Bauer! I'm interested to see how they're "re-creating" the series as well. Apparently they're finally leaving L.A. What they're keeping is the real-time thriller format. What would the show be without it?

I'm happy about the new shows. Based on the premise, I'm most excited about "New Amsterdam." Based on the cast, I'm most excited about "Back To You." And based on the writer, I'm most excited about "The Return Of Jezebel James." I'm also rather curious to see what "K-Ville" will be like.

I watched the video clips of the new series made available by FOX. I'm hoping they didn't choose the best scenes from those shows because I wasn't really impressed. That goes for all but "Back To You." I did think that one was funny. As for the others, I don't know. I would have rather seen previews like NBC and CBS provided. That as opposed to random scenes to which we get no setup or explanation.

Anyway, that's that. My predictions were pretty good for FOX. I'll go over all of those in detail next week.

No comments: