Thursday, May 24, 2007

Conference Final Roundup

The last round ended with a big win for Detroit — this round ended with a big loss for the Wings. The Conference Finals are over and we now know who our Stanley Cup finalists will be. The Ducks and Sens take the ice on Monday. But for now, let's take a look at how my predictions for the third round turned out.

Sabres vs Senators
Senators win series 4-1
Senators 5, Sabres 2
Senators 4, Sabres 3, 2OT
Senators 1, Sabres 0
Sabres 3, Senators 2
Senators 3, Sabres 2, 1OT
My Take   In a single series, the Buffalo Sabres went from ridiculously good to ridiculously bad. It was a joke. I honestly expected this to be the most even-matched series of the playoffs. Wasn't even close. But it wasn't just that Buffalo sucked. The Senators were pretty awesome. Lots of credit to them.
Those Lousy Predictions   Sabres in 7; Way off. That's all I have to say on the matter. WRONG!

Red Wings vs Ducks
Ducks win series 4-2
Red Wings 2, Ducks 1
Ducks 4, Red Wings 3, 1OT
Red Wings 5, Ducks 0
Ducks 5, Red Wings 3
Ducks 2, Red Wings 1, 1OT
Ducks 4, Red Wings 3
My Take   Early on here it looked to be anybody's series. Despite getting shut out 5-0, the Ducks bounced back in Game 4 with a 5-3 victory. Throw in a couple more OT wins and you've got yourself a series. The Red Wings may have just lost too many key players for this series. It's unfortunate but I'm glad to see Anaheim back in the Finals.
Those Lousy Predictions   Ducks in 6; Spot on! RIGHT!

My predictions are running at 50% for this series. Not great but then again my crystal ball is invisible. Regardless, the 2007 Stanley Cup Finals get started on Monday which means I'll have more predictions this weekend. Nothing can keep me away from those. Hope you enjoy them.

No comments: