Monday, May 28, 2007

Stanley Cup Playoffs, Night 38

At last! The Stanley Cup Final began tonight! It was definitely an exciting game and odd in that the Senators blew not just one but two leads to end up dropping Game 1 to the Ducks.

Ducks 3, Senators 2
Ducks lead series 1-0
It was a rather awesome way to open the series. I gotta say, I really don't care who wins this series. At first I was rooting for the Ducks but the Sens just play the game so well. It's a tough decision. Mike Fisher scored just 98 seconds into the game to give Ottawa the lead on the power play. Andy McDonald then tied it midway through the first period. But Wade Redden nabbed a Sens lead once again in the second period, also with the man advantage. But five minutes into the third, Ryan Getzlaf knotted the game for Anaheim again. It was in the final three minutes when Travis Moen scored what would become the game winner for the Ducks who overcame two deficits to take Game 1. Versus had exclusive HD coverage tonight. It's been a while since I got to watch a game on TV. High definition hockey is really quite something.

Photo: ESPN.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Ottawa didn't play even close to their potential. They had way too many giveaways and weren't doing it right all along. Now I expect Murray to give a big speach to his players and they will come back to earth for the next game to steal home advantage. I still stand by my Sens in 6 prediction.

Chris said...

Don't lose faith, brother! For what it's worth, my girlfriend has decided to root for the Senators while I root for the Ducks in this series.

Thanks for reading the blog, by the way.

Anonymous said...

Not losing faith. I still think Ottawa will raise the cup live in front of my eyes in game 6. Your girl rocks!! Haha.

I read any hockey source I can find: nhl.com, tsn, nbc, cbc, even your blog! I found your link at the nbc message boards.