Monday, May 7, 2007

Pilot Production Stills!

Development season officially ends a week from today with the networks announcing their picks for the fall schedule. It's kind of like draft day for sports fans. You've read up on the prospects. You know what they can do. You have your favorites and you're just hoping your team picks them. Except in this case, you don't care what team picks them, so long as they get picked at all. Anyway, the futon critic had some production still posted from some of the pilots hoping to get picked up. Thought I'd share.


ELI STONE (ABC) We see Victor Garber along with an old guy and who appears to be Sam Jaeger. No sign of Jonny Lee Miller (the supposed lead). Looks like a courtroom setting. And that would make sense as the main character is supposed to be a lawyer. Garber plays Jordan Wethersby and Jaeger is someone named Matt.


JOURNEYMAN (NBC) Here we have Moon Bloodgood alongside Kevin McKidd. McKidd plays Dan Vasser and Bloodgood is Vasser's dead fiancée or something like that. I don't really understand. I'd have to see the show. And I want to.


LIPSTICK JUNGLE (NBC) Lindsay Price, Brooke Shields and Kim Raver are pictured in a pilot that I'm not the least bit interested in yet is generating a lot of "buzz." (I hate that word.) Price plays Victory Ford, Shields is Wendy Healy and Kim Raver is Nico O'Neilly. (I guess things don't turn out well for Audrey at the end of this season of "24.")


PUSHING DAISIES (ABC) Lee Pace stars alongside Kristin Chenoweth (I think that's her pictured) in the pilot I'm looking forward to the most out of these four. Bryan Fuller wrote and Barry Sonnenfeld directed so you know it has to be good. Pace stars as Ned and Chenoweth plays Olive.

For what it's worth, the futon critic also happens to have a page up tracking "pilot buzz" (I still had that word) if you're at all interested. As of now, ABC pilots "Private Practice," "Dirty Sexy Money" and "Pushing Daisies" are blowing everyone away. Hope to hear more soon.

Oh yeah, and I know you probably weren't looking for it, but I'm probably not going to have time to write up posts on the comedy pilots the way I did the dramas last week. What with the job now and everything... Excuses, excuses, I know. Anyway, certainly be here next Monday when the nets start announcing their fall schedules. I will definitely be on top of that.

No comments: